Re: FAT patents. Do we need to revive non-US?

On Thu, 2006-01-12 at 14:33 -0600, John Hasler wrote:
> Ron Johnson writes:
> > I don't know how it works in the post-modern EU, but in the rest of the
> > world, if you choose not to obey orders from the leaders you have sworn
> > to obey...
>
> _Chosen_ to swear to obey.
>
> > ...the coercive power of the state lands full square on your shoulders.
>
> The individual officer chooses to give the order and the individual soldier
> chooses to obey it.  The fact that he does so because he finds the
> alternative choices unpalatable does not negate the fact that he chooses to
> obey.
>
> Other people, whether "leaders" or thugs in an alley, cannot make you do
> anything.  All they can do is punish or reward what you choose to do.

You mean "thinking man can not be ruled"?

Why is it that thugs can extort protection money from small business
owners?  Because to those businessmen, the pain of losing that
business which his life is poured into, and which supports his
family is greater than giving away some money.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"The United States is not a nation to which peace is a
necessity."
Grover Cleveland