Re: apache2

On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 11:21:00AM -0800, coderacc@yahoo.de wrote:
> Hi Clive,
>
> > You need to install apache2-doc
>
> thx, after installing it the documentation link works. Fine, but one
> curious thing is
> it only works from the machine i installed the apache. On this machine
> the default apache page is in english. When i call the default page
> from another machine
> the default page is in german, and if i click the documentation link it
> isnt found ;)
> Is this correct behaviour or should the link direct me to english
> documentation?

Hi,

You probably have the content negotiation on, so the pages show in the
preferred language (which is set in the browser). English is probably
the default, when the browser doesn't have preference (in Firefox Edit
-> Preferences -> Advanced -> General -> Edit languages...).

Why the documentation doesn't show from another machine could be
because of the permissions. Check the /etc/apache2/conf.d/apache2-doc
file and adjust the 'Allow from' according to your needs.

Simo
--
:r ~/.signature