Re: FAT patents. Do we need to revive non-US?

Ron Johnson wrote:
On Thu, 2006-01-12 at 11:10 -0600, John Hasler wrote:

richard writes:

Regrettably, the individuals who control armies and police forces make
more difference.

Armies and police forces consist of individuals who individually choose to
take individual actions.

I don't know how it works in the post-modern EU, but in the rest
of the world, if you choose not to obey orders from the leaders
you have sworn to obey, the coercive power of the state lands full
square on your shoulders.

Even in the USA, where you swear to obey all *lawful* orders.

Well, since we are in FULL TOPIC DRIFT MODE, there is a Navy
chaplain who is on hunger strike here in the USA because he
has been ordered not to pray in public in uniform "in the name
of Jesus Christ". He claims that this is not a lawful order.

I find it difficult to believe that, for example in Germany,
one has to swear to obey all orders, as opposed to all lawful
orders.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.