RE: (EE) xf86OpenSerial: Cannot open device /dev/input/mice: No Such Device

Thanks for the replies!

Running
dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 -plow
Didn't change anything. What is the -plow switch for? Is that "priority
low"?

A search in the debian user archives yeilded some similar problems and
suggestions.
I ran
Modprobe mousedev
And then issued:
Startx

And now X starts(!) but the mouse doesn't work :(

Now Dmesg returns:
mice: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice
usb.c: registered new driver usbmouse
usbmouse.c: v1.6:USB HID Boot Protocol mouse driver
usb.c: deregistering driver usbmouse
mice: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice

XFree86.0.log returns:
(II) Initializing built-in extension RANDR
(II) Keyboard "Generic Keyboard" handled by legacy driver
(**) Option "Protocol" "ImPS/2"
(**) Configured Mouse: Protocol: "ImPS/2"
(**) Option "CorePointer"
(**) Configured Mouse: Core Pointer
(**) Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
(**) Option "Emulate3Buttons" "true"
(**) Configured Mouse: Emulate3Buttons, Emulate3Timeout: 50
(**) Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
(**) Configured Mouse: ZAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
(**) Configured Mouse: Buttons: 5
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Configured Mouse" (type:
MOUSE)
(II) Configured Mouse: ps2EnableDataReporting: succeeded

So when I added the mousedev module, X will run, but the mouse doesn't
work?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ed