"Can't deactivate volume group" on shutdown

Hi,

When I shutdown (or halt) on the console I get the message:

Can't deactivate volume group "vg00" with 1 open
logical volume(s)

Which seems reasonable because my root partition is a
logical volume, but I'm new to LVM2 and figure
it's better to ask now than suffer wierd data
corruption later.

Is this message normal? Do I have a problem?

Here's more detail:

Debian sarge.  Fresh install.  Linux 2.6 kernel.
(2.8.8-2-686)

/dev/hda 300GB WD ATA drive.  Only disk.
/dev/hda1 400MB /boot
/dev/hda2 299.6GB Extended partition
/dev/hda5 299.6GB Linux LVM
/dev/vg00 volume group with all of /dev/hda5
/dev/vg00/swap 400MB swap
/dev/vg00/root 5GB /
remainder of vg unused

All file systems ext3.

Drive: WDC WD3000JB-00KFA0
(Gnasty WD drive has all jumpers removed
to be lone master.)

System:
400MHz Celeron
IDE interface: Intel Corp. 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 IDE (rev 01)

Thanks.

Karl <kop@meme.com>
                 -- Robert A. Heinlein

P.S.  I posted this to the linux-lvm@redhat.com list
but got no reply, there seems to be hardly
any traffic at all there, so figured I'd try here.