Udev, USB and LVM

Hi,

I recently connected up a new USB disk to my Debian box, and started using
LVM to manage logical volumes on it.

However, I noticed that the LVM information isn't updated automatically at
boot time when this drive is detected.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do (presumably in udev) to arrange for
vgscan and vgchange to be exectued when this drive is detected? I already
have udev rules to give it a persistent name, so udev is set up to some
extent. What I need now is to be able to execute some script (presumably
from udev) when this drive is detected.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Andy