cups - samba - frustration!

Is anybody there who got cups and samba working together in the last time?

I think I'm doing some idiot error, but I can't find it - or it's a library
problem or something else.

I have a sarge system, samba 3.0.20 from testing (also tried samba version
from sarge) and tried cups in all versions: 1.0.23.10/12/15
(sarge,testing,unstable).
Samba is member server in an NT4 domain (need to move the printserver to
migrate the domain), authentication through winbind, all works on samba. Can
make shares, put data into it, robocopy data from windows to it with the
correct acls.
I can install printers in cups, can print from Linux, all is ok.

When I try to prepare the printerdrivers for the windows clients with
cupsaddsmb "nothing" happens: no error message, "Printer added successfully"
but not drivers copied to print$ share, no updates from ntprinters.tdb,
nothing.

I just put a post here about 10 days ago, but nobody ansered, the same on
samba and cups list.

I would really appreciate if somebody would try to help!

sincerely

Angela