iRock 530 MP3 Player and Debian?

I am running Sarge with a 2.6.7 kernel.
Hotplug is installed on the box.

I have just placed a bid on an iRock 530 MP3 player and am wondering if anyone has any experience with this particular player and Debian. I found a 2 1/2 year old post on www.linuxquestions.org that suggests that it should be mountable as a mass storage device (under Mandrake) so I don't imagine that I should have difficulty, (check dmesg for the device and mount it) but it would be nice to be sure. I can always use the laptop which dual boots to Win98SE, IF I HAVE TO, but I would rather not. Another option, in a pinch, is to get a USB multicard reader and a SD card, since the player has a card slot. All in all, I know that I can make use of the player, but workarounds are still workarounds and it would be much simpler to plug the cable into a USB port and mount the device.

--
Marc Shapiro