Re: Live Video via USB 2.0 from Sony DCR-TRV33 Camcorder

On Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 10:18:45PM -0500, David R. Litwin wrote:

> They both do; and I shall be getting a FireWire some day. But, I would like
> to have the USB working in the interim.

You may face problems with bandwidth over the transfer. You will also
need much more disk space than you think. High bandwidth video may
also be processor intensive / use up memory at an alarming rate,
certainly displayed full screen. See January 2006 Linux Journal
for quite an interesting article about this sort of thing.