Re: Mobile Phone Software

On Monday 09 January 2006 12:34, Thomas wrote:
> Adam Porter wrote:
> >Bitpim might be what you need.  I've no idea if it supports your phone,
> > but it's a really nice cross-platform Python app that will even let you
> > backup your entire phone (all the internal filesystem structure), along
> > with nice interfaces for more prominent features.  It's even in Debian.
> > :)
>
> Thanx a lot for the hint. The screenshots look very much like what i had
> in mind.
> In what repo can i find it exactly? Im on Sarge stable, i looked into
> unstable but no package called bitpim in there.
>
> If i download the rpm from the dev site and convert with alien, it will
> install but fail to start:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/opt/cx_Freeze-3.0.1/initscripts/ConsoleSetLibPath.py", line 30,
> in ?
>   File "bp.py", line 83, in ?
>   File "gui.py", line 29, in ?
>   File
> "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/wx-2.6-gtk2-unicode/wx/__init__.py",
> line 42, in ?
>   File
> "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/wx-2.6-gtk2-unicode/wx/_core.py", line
> 4, in ?
>   File "ExtensionLoader.py", line 12, in ?
> ImportError: libtiff.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file
> or directory
>
> # whereis libtiff
> libtiff: /usr/lib/libtiff.a /usr/lib/libtiff.la /usr/lib/libtiff.so
> /usr/share/man/man3/libtiff.3tiff.gz
> ?
>

> How can i get it to work?

Sorry, I forgot that I had to convert it with Alien.  I don't know why it's
nor working for you.  FYI, I have BitPim 0.8.3, which isn't the latest
release.  I have this version of libtiff:

libtiff4:
  Installed: 3.7.4-1
  Candidate: 3.7.4-1
  Version table:
 *** 3.7.4-1 0
        650 http://ftp.us.debian.org testing/main Packages
        600 http://ftp.us.debian.org unstable/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     3.7.2-3 0
        500 http://ftp.us.debian.org sarge/main Packages

libtiffxx0c2:
  Installed: 3.7.4-1
  Candidate: 3.7.4-1
  Version table:
 *** 3.7.4-1 0
        650 http://ftp.us.debian.org testing/main Packages
        600 http://ftp.us.debian.org unstable/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

If installing those doesn't fix it, maybe it's something to do with your
Python installation.  I don't recall having to do anything other than install
the deb package converted by Alien.