Re: redirecting where cucipop looks for mail

Jon  Miller wrote:

> I've had to move the mailbox (/var/spool/mail) from the installed location
> to another location /db/mail.  This was done due to space constraints.
> Like to know if anyone knows how to reconfigure cucipop to point to
> /db/mail instead of /var/spool/mail.  Users are not getting their e-mail
> in their clients.

Don't know cucipop but I guess it's like many others of its kind: take a look
at /etc/login.defs for the MAIL_* variables (or read pam_mail.so
documentation if you use testing or unstable). In your case, set MAIL_DIR
to /db and relogin.

I'd suggest a maildir in the users home (if cucipop support that),
e.g. /home/user/Maildir. In this case, set QMAIL_DIR and MAIL_FILE to
Maildir/ and do not set MAIL_DIR.
You also need to add the line to /etc/pam.d/common-session:
session optional        pam_mail.so nopen dir=~/Maildir

HS

        oder über pgp.net