Re: fsck Fails On Reboot After Partially Completed Testing Upgrade-Solved for now

Thanks Henrique, for the lessons in computer time and
some
of Debian's quirks. Coming from windows, was not
familiar with
acronyms UTC and RTC but some googling helped. And
thanks to Kent and
Robert for your imput.
The issue was resolved when I set clock to UTC with:
#date -u and set UTC=yes in /etc/default/rcS. Nothing
else was
done.  Rebooted several times without any e2fsck
errors.  The only
thing noticed was boot messages showed a time 6 hours
later than local
time, but I can live with that until the fixes are
implemented.
Thanks everyone,
Leonard Chatagnier

--- Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org>