Re: Supported Hardware - Monitor

Hi, Robert.

On Jan 07 2006, Robert Thompson wrote:
>    I am researching using Debian over Windows, but I just bought a
> Dell Wide Aspect Ratio Monitor when my Hard drive gave up on me.  Now,
> I am looking at buying a new hard drive and taking the opportunity to
> switch to Debian.

First of all, I see that you are using Microsoft Entourage for sending
your e-mail, and this would lead me to the conclusion that you're using
a Mac.

You can, BTW, install Debian, not only on "regular PC's", but also on
Macs (see the debian-powerpc mailing list for discussions related to
using Debian on PowerPC-based machines, like recent Macs).

Anyway, back to your question, it will be a good learning experience to
use Debian in your "new computer", especially if you take some time to
make experiments and not care that much about not messing your
installation.  You will take some few days to learn what programs you
need and what programs you don't.

Hope this helps, Rogério.

P.S.: Please, avoid sending messages in HTML format for this mailing list.
Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/