Re: OpenOffice on a mixed system

Tyler Smith wrote:

Hi,

I'm running Etch, but in my impatience for OpenOffice2 I installed it when it hit Sid. Now that it has made it into Etch I'm getting all sorts of warnings of impending doom when I try to do a general upgrade. What would be the best way to fix this? Should I just remove the whole OO suite and reinstall from Etch? If that is the easiest thing to do, is there a single package I can uninstall, or do I have to hunt down all the bits individually?

Thanks,

Tyler

What warnings? Can you paste them?

That being said, just uncomment the unstable entries in your sources.list and wait for all the packages to trickle down to testing. Then you can do apt-get update and just update the problematic packages.

In general it is not a good idea to mix distributions. This will only create problems and more maintenace headache. But I guess you already learned it in the hard way!

raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/