Re: ssh to remote machine with user login problem

...snip...

>   When i try the following commnd
>
>   diff authorized_keys id_rsa.pub
>
>   Result
>
>   1c1
> < ssh-rsa

AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAABIwAAAIEA229WYAsRv9lhplUxynEvTsq8HYd/e7vE78LEye4a1/IgVuW3u6vW0cUDXM/RRJjh1j/sLDJwaTbs/ildzXc8YNvOl3YoAVosHcEH1MTfMqDYdta3tpwqfwLZ+Ruq4XV3WSRTV56i8k7mCJ4zkjhpn715tgr5U84ZMQzbRT5ZXtk=
> root@test1
> ---
> > ssh-rsa

AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAABIwAAAIEAzIB5fb6SJJJI2sDKOzyVtzCpyt9I/40z5Sv2x8dL2hJIJjknSXrYXseIhPOzmOXMPL9BsTu/5uCnQm+EPq1cBd1aFDcrla+yxSTcmhNQGa5S271//Tx+XBwVzBFccOcDqa+W5PzNqY6t+FpobhbOrf2AOPqGpUy5nxgRnHqHMhE=
> root@test2

>   When i try to run the commnads i am trying as follows
>
>   #ssh root@ipaddressofremotemachine
>
>   #ssh user@ipaddressofremotemachine
>

> Pavlos Parissis <p_pavlos@freemail.gr> wrote:
>   > hi,
> >
> > I am sending all the details as follows
> >
> > authorized_keys id_rsa id_rsa.pub known_hosts
>
> are these files exist on the remote system?

you didn't answer me on this.

> If the id_rsa.pub is the public key then
> diff authorized_keys id_rsa.pub
> should return nothing.
>
> But you said that in the remote system you have copied all the files under
> /root/.ssh to /home/user/.ssh.
> which means the remote server has the right public key information for the
> user.
> do a ls -ld on /home/user/.ssh /home/user and see if it is world-writable.

what about the above?

> If it is then you have two options
> a) make to be no-world-writable
> b) make sure the on sshd_config of the remote system you have StrictModes
> no,
> you shouldn't do that
>
> OK we checked that on remote system every thing is in place, let's go on the
> host you use ssh.
> are sure that you are using the right private key?
> when you access the remote system as a root do you specify the
> identity/private
> key using ssh -i id_rsa?
> how do you use the ssh cmd in both cases?

PS:Please next time reply to the list only.