Debian-installer and loop-aes

I'm about to install Debian unstable on a new laptop[1]. I would like to
encrypt the drive in case the machine gets lost or stolen. Since this is
a new install, it seems preferable to do it right from the start, in
order to avoid all the hassles involved in moving from plaintext to
encrypted filesystems later on.

Is there any way to make debian-installer use loop-aes[2] from the
start, or is there some other recommended way to do this? It seems like
a common issue, but googling for the obvious keywords hasn't helped me.

[1] ThinkPad X41
[2] Is there another disk encryption tool that's better, or is loop-aes
the way to go?