Re: Moving a Debian install in to new hardware?

I like norton ghost, then fix grub in the mbr because ghost will likely
break it.
After ghosting..
Boot with mepis (Any live-cd would probably do)
Open a terminal window
Mounted the drive (don't use the mepis icon as it mounts read only)
mount -rw /dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1
chroot /mnt/hda1
grub-install /dev/hda

Note your partitions may differ IE /dev/hda2  etc...
Works like a charm..   Note, grub wants the "drive" to install to. Not
the partition.

--
Highest Regards,

Rodney Richison