Re: 3 1/2 new questions

Maurits van Rees wrote:
On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 05:31:02PM -0500, Chinook wrote:
I can't find any "gst-resister" on the system or in packages???

I don't know gst-register, but apt-cache knows it:

$ apt-cache search gst-register
libgstreamer0.8-0 - Core GStreamer libraries, plugins, and utilities

So install the package libgstreamer0.8-0

2) How is log rotation setup. Are they auto jobs like on my Mac, or do I need to setup something?

For various standard log files (e.g. from the kernel and many other
packages) this is done automatically.  This is handled by the
logrotate package, which has priority 'important', so it should
normally have been installed on your system.

Have a look at /etc/logrotate.conf and files that various packages put
in /etc/logrotate.d

For more info, see the man page of logrotate.

Thanks Maurits,

I have all the issues worked out now, except where to find verification that RAID1 is still actively doing its thing after I tested a mondo system restore.

Lee C