Re: apt-get Ign followed by Hit/Get

Chris Stiles wrote:

Okay - in that case wouldn't "Hit" more logically come before "Ign" -
and how to explain "Ign" followed by a "Get" ? Though the latter only
occurs on a local archive i've built with apt-move.

Well, that was a very rough explanation. "Ign" can also occur in slightly different situations. I am not an expert of internals of apt-get, but if you feel that something is wrong, please post your "sources.lits" and all the messages from apt-get and I (or somebody else) will look at it.

Otherwise, if you are just _really_ interested in how apt-get does things, you can always read the source code.