Re: need help please

frederick c woodruff wrote:

I just started installing sarge on my computer all was going ok untill I
did the log in,did ok untill at the bottom of page it askes something
@debian $   I dont know what to tell it to get in I know you know its a
bash command I dont know I am knew at this can you help me,I have been
using suse its different,it uses auto log in but i know what the name
and password is I dont know what to tell sarge to get logged in,@debian
$  can some one help me please

Seems like you are in text mode. If the install went ok, you can try to load the desktop, by issuing 'startx' at the prompt. But, please, try to provide more information so we can be more precise.
Good luck!