Re: failing to connect with PPP in Austria

also sprach Alexei Chetroi <alexei.chetroi@lexa.uniflux-line.net> [2005.12.29.0940 +0100]:
>   According to above, peer wants to authenticate you using chap, eap,
> ms-chap and pap, but every time you refuse him. There could be two
> reasons: whether you explicitly refuse to authenticate by using refuse-chap,
> refuse-pap pppd options, whether pppd cannot get secret from the
> {chap,pap}-secrets files. Make sure that in /etc/ppp/chap-secrets you
> have line like:

I think I have found the problem, thanks to all who helped. Somehow,
I managed to change the remotename parameter from "at.aon" to
"at.on" in the peer configuration file. Consequently, pppd failed to
locate the right line from chap/pap-secrets, since I put "at.aon" in
the second column there. Argh.

`. `'`

Invalid/expired PGP (sub)keys? Use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!

"the public is wonderfully tolerant.
 it forgives everything except genius."
                                                        -- oscar wilde