Re: please help me....

On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 10:15:19AM +0100, Thomas Jollans wrote:
> rozita reza wrote:
>
> >  im going to use linux as my server for windows clients what distro
> > should i use out of Debian and Redhat or Fedora core.....?
> > i prefer Debian but i doubt...
> > please help me, thank you ......
> >

> debian is the most stable. debian has this great community. loads of
> people and companies use debian for servers. fedora core is crap. if you
> really need commercial support (keep in mind there's this great mailing
> list youre posting to which is probably faster and more helpful than any
> support dep in a big coorp.) you'd have to go fer red hat or novell.

Actually commercial support is available for Debian, just not from the
Debian Project.  The list of known Debian consultants is at:

	http://www.debian.org/support#consultants

Rose, you would have to specify what kind of server you mean to get a good
answer.  File server?  Print server?  Mail server?  Lotus Notes server?

Debian can do any of those, but IBM doesn't officially support it for Notes.

If it's something else, please write again and be more specific.
--
Carl Fink                                         carl@fink.to
If you attempt to fix something that isn't broken, it will be.