Re: Autoexec.bat

On 2006-01-02  1946, Anil Gupte wrote:
> BlankIs there an equivalent of the autoexec.bat file in Debian?  Basically I want to execute a scrpt and maybe mount a USB port on startup.
>
> Any suggestions will be appreciated.

I don't know what ``BlankIs'' is. Mounting your USB-thingie should be
done using an entry in /etc/fstab (unless you're using something more
fancy than basic mounting). Like this one:
/dev/sda1	/usb		vfat	auto  0       0

To run a script at startup (with root priviledges), make a symlink (man
ln) to your script in /etc/rcS.d/S90myscript or the like. Then it'll be
executed (remember to have `chmod +x`'ed it) at boot. Also remember,
that the script should return, or it'll make the boot process hang
forever.

Regards, Anders Breindahl.