Re: debian and audio software

On Mon, 2006-01-02 at 09:11 +0800, John Mills wrote:

> I just wondered how well developed audio software for Debian is.

Quite.

> I am familiar with Audacity (Win) but wondered how much else there is
> available and how far development has gotten.

Rezound is similar to Audacity, but on steroids. Ardour is a multitrack
mastering system. Lots of audio file formats. You need to connect to
some unofficial deb repositories to get mp3 writing, though. Many sound
cards supported, but make sure it's there before buying one.

You might want to take a look at DeMuDi, a specialized Debian-based
distro optimized for audio work (from Germany).

And Digi is nowhere to be seen :-)

--
Glenn English
ghe@slsware.com