Re: RAR under linux: any alternative?

Steve Lamb wrote:
Alex Malinovich wrote:

This is a good point. But this is also not a feature specific to RAR, as
you point out. Zip archives, among others, can do this as well.

    But you weren't talking zip.  'sides, not that zip is any freer than RAR,
at least not to my knowledge.  Feel free to point out if I am wrong.

[snip]

Umm, I believe you do err. There is a free zip/unzip package.

http://linux.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http://www.info%2Dzip.org/pub/infozip/

It is distributed with a BSD like license. IOW, you can redistribute,
and source is available, but they retain rights. But no charge
(unless you meant something different by the term "free").

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.