Re: DMA not permitted since 2.6.14

Le lundi 12 décembre 2005 à 09:55 +0100, Florian Kulzer a écrit :
> Hi David,
>
> I had the same problem with my laptop a while a ago (kernel 2.6.12). It
> went away once I compiled the PIIX driver statically into the kernel.
> (You seem to have loaded it as a module, that never worked in my case. I
> don't fully understand why; maybe it does not get loaded early enough
> during boot?)
>
> The same kernel-config still works for me with DNA under 2.6.14. (I do
> not have my laptop here at the moment, therefore I cannot post the .config.)
Hi Florian,

As I said on my first post: I've manually compiled my kernel to include
PIIX statically
(http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2005/11/msg00410.html) but it does
not work for me. Perhaps I don't do it the right way cause I can't
select to include it statically from menuconfig and if I wrote:
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_PIIX=y into the .config file, it does not compile in. I
can wait a little bit if you can send me your .config file.

Thanks

David