Re: sendmail/vacation

Hi

On Mon, 5 Dec 2005, nx13441a wrote:

> Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 10:54:51 +0000
> From: nx13441a <nx13441a@net.vodafone.pt>
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Re: sendmail/vacation

This was your original problem.  I assume that this has now been sorted
out by correctly configuring smrsh, because you now report that the mail
is being reported as delivered.

> I also copy /usr/lib/sm.bin/vacation.sendmail to /etc/mail/smrsh/
> Since vacation is another package, vacation is installed.
> I change my .forward to use /etc/mail/smrsh/
> I try this
>
> \user, "|/etc/mail/smrsh/vacation.sendmail user"
>
> and this
>
> \user, "|/etc/mail/smrsh/vacation user"

> But nothing happend only the mailstats change! No reply message. I test
> using others mails accounts.
> In mailstats i get:
> M   msgsfr  bytes_from   msgsto    bytes_to  msgsrej msgsdis msgsqur  Mailer
>  0        0          0K       48       1535K        0       0       0  prog

Then I would presume that there is a problem with the way you have set up
vacation itself.  Sorry - I have never used vacation so cannot help
further.

Regards

Jim Holland
System Administrator
MANGO - Zimbabwe's non-profit e-mail service