Re: How should this procmail-rule be to work?

I don't think the trailing colon is needed, only in case
if your mbox file needs to be locked, i.e., if there are different
procmail instances running.
If your .procmailrc doesn't contain sub blocks or pipes etc.,
I would leave out the trailing colon.

Hendrik