Re: Windows Domain Authentication

--- "Marcus Deluigi (intern)" <i-mardel@wicresoft.com>
wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Is anybody using the Windows Domain Authentication
> for his Debian
> Machine?
>
> I had it once working, but since I reinstalled the
> system, I can't get
> it work.
> wbinfo -u
> and
> kinit <username>
> works without errors, so I think krb5.conf and
> smb.conf are correct.
>
> However, I cannot login with the windows domain
> accounts, so I guess
> pam.d must be misconfigured.
> But I chose the same configuration as the last time:
>
> /etc/pam.d/common-account:
> ----
> account required /lib/security/pam_winbind.so
> ----
>
> /etc/pam.d/common-auth
> ----
> auth sufficient pam_winbind.so
> auth required pam_unix.so nullok_secure
> use_first_pass
> ----
>
> /etc/pam.d/common-password
> ----
> password   required   pam_unix.so nullok obscure
> min=4 max=50 md5
> ----
>
> /etc/pam.d/common-session
> ----
> session required pam_unix.so
> session optional pam_mkhomedir.so       umask=0077
>    skel=/etc/skel/
> ----
>
> /etc/pam.d/login
> ----
> auth       requisite  pam_securetty.so
>
> auth       requisite  pam_nologin.so
>
> auth       required   pam_env.so
>
> @include common-auth
> @include common-account
> @include common-session
>
> session    required   pam_limits.so
> session    optional   pam_lastlog.so
> session    optional   pam_motd.so
>
> session    optional   pam_mail.so standard noenv
> @include common-password
> ----

What server OS? NT4? 2000? 2003?

I have a debian X terminal server authenticating from
an NT domain.

Do you have the default domain for winbind set in
smb.conf (iuse default domain) or are you remembering
to enter your username as domain\username...?

--
Matt

Yahoo! Model Search 2005 - Find the next catwalk superstars - http://uk.news.yahoo.com/hot/model-search/