Re: openoffice cannot find java...

check your environment variables, is JAVA_HOME etc. set correctly?

On 12/4/05, Alexandru Cabuz <alexcabuz@gmail.com > wrote:
Hello,

I just installed openoffice 2 and gave it a try.

It says
javaldx: Could not find a Java Runtime Environment!

but seems to open all right. However I can't figure out how to do anything useful in it like for example opening a new writer document. In the File-> New there is only the option "Models and Documents" but you open that and there is nothing in there. So it seems I can't open a new text file.

Oh, and I do have java installed.
#java -version
java version "1.5.0_02"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_02-b09)

Any suggestions?

--
Alexandru Cabuz
Doctoral Student

--- Please no Word or Powerpoint attachments.
Send plain text, rich text format, html, or pdf instead.

http://www.axeltabs.com/
http://roundhound.com/
http://linuxarcher.net/bb/
http://divx-subtitles.org/