Re: screen blanking

On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 07:13:08AM -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> The best I get disabling dpms is 20 minutes with either:
> Option          "BlankTime"  "3600"
> in "ServerLayout"
>
> or -s 3600 in the start options for the server.

Have you considered simply turning dpms off?  `xset -dpms` should
prevent it from ever blanking, then `xset +dpms` to turn it back on
if you want blanking to resume.

--
The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that