Re: keep getting "GPG error" while doing update

hi,

I have been getting this error since a week or two when I do apt-get update:
Fetched 3652kB in 20s (180kB/s)
Reading package lists... Done
W: GPG error: http://secure-testing.debian.net testing/security-updates
Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the
public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 946AA6E18722E71E
W: GPG error: ftp://ftp.nerim.net etch Release: The following signatures
couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY
07DC563D1F41B907
I have tried:
 apt-key add /usr/share/apt/debian-archive.gpg
 apt-key add /usr/share/keyrings/debian-role-keys.gpg
but the warning doesn't go away. What other keys do I need to import?
this worked for me. just replace xxxxxxxxxx by the last á characters from the missing key (i.e. 8722E71E in your case)
gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net --recv-keys xxxxxxxxx
apt-key add /root/.gnupg/pubring.gpg
apt-get update
don't know whether this is systematic solution, but it works... similar problems (and reasons why it is so) were recently discussed on the list, you can find them with google easily...

regards,

--
Lubos
_@_"