Re: Question

jithesh kk wrote:

> 1. how to add hardware coponets to debian linux operating
> system(configure a internal modem to my system. i have driver soft for
> this device but not installing)
> 2. How to configure Networking(configuration, file sharing printer
> sharing)

These questions are too vague for us to help much.

You'd do better to split them into two separate posts, not even asking
about networking until you have a network connection (I'm assuming
dial-up is all the networking you have).

Concerning the modem, be aware that if it's an internal PCI modem, it
most likely is a so-called "win-modem", which in my experience are
nightmares to get working. If this is the case, I'd recommend scrapping
it in favor of an external serial (not USB) modem, which pretty much
"just work".

If you want to try tackling the modem, first thing is to list the output
of "lsmod" and/or tell us what the chipset is on the modem. Assuming
it's a win-modem of some sort, the next thing is probably to head over
to linmodems.org, which although very disorganized (in my opinion), will
have better resources for helping with the modem than we have.

(Oh, and by the way, an informative subject line like "How to configure
modem?" is more likely to get responses than is one that simply says
"Question"; the latter is likely to be percieved as spam without ever
being read.)

--
Kent