printing a certain .ps causes usb kernel errors

Perhaps I should send this to some other mailing list (suggestions?),
but my user has been generating a series of .ps files through firefox
that, when printed, cause the printer to stop printing.  Its red LED
starts flashing, and when I go to examine /var/log/kern.log I see many
entries of the form:
  Oct 27 22:16:30 abu kernel: usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
  Oct 27 22:16:30 abu kernel: printer.c: usblp0: error -110 reading
printer statusO
The evil .ps file can be downloaded from
http://www.osaurus.us/~dm/tmp/mozilla.ps and the kernel config on the
server machine is here: http://www.osaurus.us/~dm/tmp/config-2.4.28
(I'm no longer sure if this is a debian stock kernel).