Re: Three Doubts

On Tuesday 25 October 2005 08:28 pm, alrenaud@swissinfo.org wrote:
> Should a 56K modem be (with pppconfig)
> configured with 115200 speed?It
> seems the default option.The modem device
> (with pppconfig) is ttyS0 or ttyS1?

I don't use pppcofig specifically, but on most programs, you aren't
configuring the speed of the modem, but the speed of the serial connection to
the modem.  I think all the 56K modems I use are are configured at 115200.

> How many time of Internet connection takes the
> upgrading of libc6-2.3.2ds1-21 to libc6-2.3.2.ds1-22
> with a modem of 56k speed?
> Does the complete library need to be downloaded?
> Are there other packages to download for
> ensuring compatibility(or due to proximity of
> the versions it?s not necessary.)?

If it's all one package, I believe you need to get it all.  I'm not sure on
this, though.

> Is there a program in Debian,which permits
> to erase files securely(using sophisticated
> patterns)?In PGP7 for Windows/Mac I think is
> there an utility to do so.

Yes.  Wipe.  Just apt-get install wipe, or aptitude install wipe, which ever
you prefer using.

Hal