printer trouble

Hello. I am trying to set up an Epson Stylus Photo 890 at my workplace, but thus far I've been unsuccessful. I have installed cups, and gimp-print for the drivers. I used the browser, with port 631 via the localhost, to set it up. However, it won't print anything. After sending it a test page, I wait. Then, in checking out "completed jobs", it states they were "cancelled". Restarting the jobs causes it to complain about the "client server" (something like "client server not found", if my memory serves me correctly). Note, the printer itself is found on the USB port when setting it up. Anyway, all ideas are appreciated. Thanks in advance.
--Mark