Re: OOo 2.0 compatibilty w/OOo 1.x

Steve Lamb(grey@dmiyu.org) is reported to have said:
>     I know it probably goes without saying but OOo 2.0 will be compatible with
> the 1.x saved files; and not in the way Micro$oft Word sense of compatible.  I
> just started a project in OOo 1.13 and am mildly concerned about switching
> over when OOo 2.0 hits unstable/testing.

When I tried OOo 2.0 about a month ago, I found that the method for
defining DataSources had changed.  As there was no help available I
never did figure out how to do it.  As I use it mainly for database's
I went back to 1.1.4-7.

This may no longer be the case (I hope) but I need the databases for
form letters and could not afford to have 1.1.4-7 wiped out.

:-) HTH, YMMV, HAND :-)

Wayne

--
It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that
have had prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally