Re: /root/.ssh/authorized_keys and command= entries

On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 09:48:06PM -0700, David Christensen wrote:
> Debian user:
>
> I am trying to figure out how to execute a shutdown on a Debian 3.0 machine
> using "ssh root@<host> <command>" syntax, but don't want to allow root logins.
>

> RTFM "man sshd_config" indicates that I need the following line in
> /etc/ssh/sshd_config:
>
>     PermitRootLogin forced-commands-only
>

> Restarting sshd, the above configuration setting alone is insufficient.  STFW
> "sshd_config forced-commands-only", it looks like the chosen command
> (/sbin/shutdown, in my case) needs to be included in /root/.ssh/authorized_keys
> somehow.  Does anybody know where the syntax is defined?

If you google for

forced command OpenSSH .authorized_keys

and look down a few links ...

I think what you may need to do is insert

command="/sbin/shutdown" immediately before the dss in your
key itself.

Chapter 8 of the O'Reilly book on SSH may help as that was referenced.