Re: Newsreader: Best of the bunch?

Hendrik Boom wrote:
> I *definitely* remember using emacs like this.  I do not remember what
> operating system it was on.  It may well have been 15 years ago.

    Not denying that.  But you said there was "No mechanism even for multiple
virtual CLI consoles."  That means, putting it bluntly, that it pre-dated
screen.  I'm not saying emacs can't do it.  I'm asking for verification that
it did it well in advance of screen which *does* provide multiple CLI consoles.

    Personally I can only go back as far as my first unix experience which is
10 years ago.  I know that screen existed then as I used it all the time on
Netcom.  However since that's as far back as I can personally verify that is
why I am asking for verification of your statement.