prevent dhclient from exting

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to keep my box connected. Sometimes the connections drops for various reasons:

- cable removed from modem/nic
- power outage
- booted without cable

The problem is, that dhclient just gives up:
Oct 17 09:13:29 localhost kernel: eth1: Tx timed out, cable problem? TSR=0x0, ISR=0x0, t=15185.
Oct 17 09:13:30 localhost dhclient: No DHCPOFFERS received
Oct 17 09:13:30 localhost dhclient: No working leases in persistent database.
Oct 17 09:13:30 localhost dhclient: Exiting.

From this point on, I need physical access to the machine to make it connect again. I tried installing ifplugd and configured it for eth1, but removing/replugging the cable does not have the desired effect. According to syslog nothing happens and dmesg looks uneventful as well. Anyhow, if there were a way to have dhclient keep running, I would not have this problem, and my box could just regain connectivity itself.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, so far I have tried man dhclient.conf and installed ifplugd for eth1, but no cigar.

Regards,

Arjen

P.S. Please Cc: me on reply.