Re: Using xfig

cum LaTeX

Yes, although I've found that writing straight postscript isn't hard either. Wrote an entire slide show complete with pictures in raw postscript in under an hour a couple of months ago. Not bad! But where raw postscript excels is in making mathematical diagrams - that's how I was first introduced to it. If there is an algorithm or formula that defines a picture it can be much quicker to program it up than to draw it. (See my thesis!)

I don't know whether it's possible to start from a pre-existing postscript or encapsulated postscript file and modify it using xfig?

Regards, Max