GNU screen's alternative for X environment

I use screen to capture previous sessions. But the GNU screen works only in the text environment. I am a big fan of x-windows environment and I am wondering if there is any alternative for it? I tried nxclient. But all nxclient does is it gives me a new session but I want to get hold of previous working session. Is there any software which can do this? If freenx/nxclient could do this then that would be awesome as I have already got it configured. Any pointers/suggestions are most welcome.

If it matters, I am using debian unstable, KDE 3.4.2 and the system is mostly up to date.

thanks in advance
raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi