Configuring apt-build.

Dear list,
I am trying to use apt-build to compile a few software for my
machine. The problem is that the configuration file at
/etc/apt/apt-build.conf seems to get ignored; for options from there
aren't used.

From the 'net, I have learnt and have used the following:

build-dir = /var/cache/apt-build/build
repository-dir = /var/cache/apt-build/repository
Olevel = -O2
mtune = -mtune=pentium4
march = -march=pentium4
options = " -msse2 -mmmx"
make_options = " -j2"

apt-build info <package> gives me:
march: no such variable at /etc/apt/apt-build.conf line 5

Though the compile works, none of the above options work.

Yes, I have read the readme, which says that even though it doesn't
appear that way, actually, optimized compile happens. The author asks
us to look at `ps ax' as proof, but doing that shows only -mtune=i486
as the option.

Any pointers?

Kumar
--