migrating users from redhat to debian without changing their passwords

Hi,

  Presently we are migrating from redhat linux webserver to debian 3.1 webserver so we need to get the all usernames and passwords need to move to debian 3.1 webserver so that users can login using their same usernames and passwords.

 How do we do this.One option is copy the shadow file in to debian and next how to proceed.

 My main aim is without creating all usernames and passwords again in debian linux how to deal with this problem

 Please help me with the solution for this

Best Regards

Yahoo! for Good