drm and radeon module load problems

hi guys,

i'm running testing on my amd64 and i updated to kernel 2.6.12 (via dselect). i selected to compile drm and dri as modules (i want hw acceleration of my ati radeon x600 card). compilation went fine, the new kernel works ok. however, i cannot get hw acceleration to work. the 2 modules above apparently don't work. drm complains about not being able to allocate memory Error inserting drm (/lib/modules/2.6.12/kernel/drivers/char/drm/drm.ko): Cannot allocate memory radeon complains about unknown symbols in module, dmesg reveals the followinG:
radeon: Unknown symbol drm_open
radeon: Unknown symbol drm_fasync
... and so on

on web i found out that this could be caused by missing support for /dev/agpgart in kernel. however, i cannot select it in menu/xconfig. my .config file contains
CONFIG_AGP=y
CONFIG_AGP_AMD64=y
CONFIG_DRM=m
CONFIG_DRM_RADEON=m
so the support should definitely be present. where's the CONFIG_AGP_AMD64 coming from? i couldn't find any switch in the menuconfig that'd control this. also, is CONFIG_AGP selected automatically? the strange thing is that the same setup (i hope i didn't miss anything) worked fine on 2.6.11.

i was also told to compile agpgart support as a module, as well as support for my chipset CONFIG_AGP_chipset=m. is it possible that this via agp chipset isn't supported in 2.6.12?

i guess this shouldn't be amd64 related, so i'm posting here... if i'm wrong, please let me know :)

thank you for any hints. regards,

--
Lubos
_@_"