exim4 smtp session transcript ?

Hello.

I've trying to setup configuration when exim4 sends outgoing mail to a
smarthost (running also debian/exim4), using starttls and smtp auth over
it.

For some reason, auth fails, and later mail is rejected. Smarthost itself
works as expected; e.g. it accepts mail sent in the same way directly from
kmail. So most likely local exim4 configs are broken, but I'm having hard
times trying to find what's wrong there.

Since session is encrypted, I can't see what exim4 actually sends to remote
server using tools like tcpdump. Is there any way to make exim4 dump
complete smtp session transcript, and/or any method to see what's hapenning
under TLS encryption?

Please CC any reply to my e-mail address.