Re: back Up in CD

On Mon Oct 03, 2005 04:33PM, Luis Garay wrote:
> Hi, im really new in Linux and newer in Debian. i'm trying to make athe back up
> of a directory thas weights 3 gig's, but i need to storage this in CD, how can
> i make the iso images this size?? Sorry, my english is pretty bad.
>
> Thanks
>
> lgaray

Make sure that you compress (gzip or bzip2) before burning to your
selected medium.  As I don't know what's on the partition, you *may* be
able to compress enough that it will fit on a CD (~700MB) and certainly
a DVD (if you have a DVD burner).  Make sure you purge any
unwanted/unneeded files before backing up.

--
Cheers,
Trey

Basic is a high level languish.
APL is a high level anguish.

Linux chameleon 2.6.13-15-default i686 GNU/Linux
  6:30pm  up   4:17,  4 users,  load average: 0.02, 0.19, 0.25