Re: changing default document root directory in apache 2

On 10/3/05, Radhika <radhiilu@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi,

I am using apache2 presently default document root directory is /var/www/.If i want to change this to /home/www/.How do i do this and where i can change.Present apache2.conf file is not showing the default root directory .I have installed from debian package ditribution.

Thanks for your help

Best Regards

Yahoo! for Good

Under apache 1.x, modify /etc/apache/httpd.conf. Change DocumentRoot to whatever you need. Under Apache2, i guess, you have to modify /etc/apache2/sites-available/default.