Re: how to start php

On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 04:50:46PM -0500, Eric P wrote:
> Jon, what kind of script are you referring to?  The first time I
> installed php5 (from dotdeb), it automatically prompted me to config
> php5, and everything worked w/o any manual intervention.  Switching
> back to php4 (which I did on a whim because php's mysql_pconnect()
> didn't work anymore) is where the problems started.

With apache2, there should be symlinks in /etc/apache2/mods-enabled to
../mods-available/php5.{load,conf} and /etc/apache2/mods-available
should contain the php5.{load,conf} files. These should be owned by
libapache2-mod-php5 (doing dpkg -S /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/php5.conf
or dpkg -L libapach2-mod-php5 should clarify this).

If the symlinks aren't there, they need to be added. You could do this
yourself, but the apache2 package comes with a script to manage this. I
don't use apache2 and I can't remember what it's called.  I only assume
that the procedure is detailed in /usr/share/doc/apache2 somewhere.

--
Jon Dowland
http://jon.dowland.name/