Re: linux-source 2.6.12 in sarge?

On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 08:51:13AM -0300, Marcelo Chiapparini wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I am running sarge with the standard debian kernel 2.6.8. I want to
> install the new kernel 2.6.12, but the related package
> linux-source-2.6.12 is in the unstable tree. How should I proceed?
> (swiching to unstable is not an option...) I've looked the archives and
> google and I didn't find anything...

You can fetch the image directly from the debian site, follow the
links in
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/base/
I got mine from
http://http.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/l/linux-2.6/linux-image-2.6.12-1-686-smp_2.6.12-10_i386.deb

Then, dpkg -i *deb as root will do it fine. For me, the stock image is
good enough.